If you’re having this problem on your Blackberry internet service, “You are not currently in an area that can handle data communication. As a result, the browser cannot retrieve any webpages. Please try again when you are in a different location, or contact your service provider if the problem persists.”
This usually happens when you are trying to use your Blackberry browser in connecting to the internet using Wifi. Or you are on data plan and trying to avoid charges from network and you preferred to connect to WiFi hotspot.
How to Troubleshoot "You Are Not Currently In An Area That Can Handle Data Communication"
- On your Blackberry menu, go to Manage Connections (this is a Wifi or wireless icon on your menu)
- Select Mobile Network Options > in Data Services option it should be (ON). After doing 1 and 2 steps.
- Go to your Blackberry browser (if error still prompt just click OK)
- On your Browser page press Blackberry logo icon then select Options
- On Options press Browser Configuration.
- In Browser Configuration menu. Browser : select Hotspot Browser (when you are trying to connect to a wifi network)
- Click Back and go to General Properties.In General Properties check if default browser is (Hotspot Browser)
- Click Blackberry logo then Save Options.
- Go to your BB browser then browse!