BIR introduces their online electronic registration system where you can get or apply for TIN number without going to their physical office. Users can now register directly to eReg System (employers, self employed, employee and other professionals) all they need to have is an active email address. All sounds good right? But what happen if their registration website is not fully available online or not working as user would think while visiting the URL using Google Chrome or Firefox browser? Be thankful that you're reading this post as this will help you solve your problem in accessing BIR eRegistration online form. Just follow the steps below on how to access the link page.
Solved BIR Server has a weak ephemeral Diffie-Hellman public key
1. Use Mozilla Firefox browser visit the https://ereg.bir.gov.ph/ BIR website
You will receive error below:
“Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to ereg.bir.gov.ph. SSL received a weak ephemeral Diffie-Hellman key in Server Key Exchange handshake message. (Error code: sl_error_weak_server_ephemeral_dh_key)
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified. Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.”
2. Go to address bar and type, about:config then press Enter
3. It will prompt you a warning just click “I’ll be careful, I promise!”
4. It will display list of Preference name, Status, Type and Value. On the search box above those titles look for the 2 preference name below.
5. By default, value is set to TRUE. We need to set them FALSE so that we can access less secure BIR eRegistration website.
Once done, you can now access the site again.
|Server has a weak ephemeral Diffie-Hellman public key error|
1. Use other browsers below and no need to tweak anything on your browser configuration.
Google Chrome Canary
Internet Explorer 11
That’s all guys hope this post may help your problem while trying to register thru BIR eReg online TIN application system.