If you’re experiencing a few bugs on your Lenovo Vibe K4 Note running on Android Marshmallow 6.0 here’s a good news to those who own this smartphone. Another update is available via over the air (OTA) with a file size of 28MB, download it using WiFi or thru your mobile network.
This update will prompt on your device when running on current A7010a48_S214_160527_ROW firmware. In case you’re build is not updated you may do a manual update before you can avail the latest OTA update.
|Update to a7010a48-s219-160810-row firmware|
Lenovo Vibe K4 Note OTA Update to S219_160810_ROW
When doing the update, you must consider a few things to avoid future problems while doing the upgrade process.
- Backup your data – though the update will not erase the data, we should backup our important data to avoid loss when failure happens.
- Sufficient battery life – doing the update needs sufficient battery life, I suggest to have 100% battery life at your device will goes on and off during install of new firmware.
- Stable internet connection – when updating we must consider connectivity, we should have fast and stable Wi-Fi internet or mobile data e.g. 3G, 4G or LTE.
- On your phone turn on your internet connection.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down to About phone.
- Tap on System Update.
- Wait for the device to check the new update.
- Tap Download to install.
System Update Error
During the update on my Lenovo Vibe K4 Note, I encountered a problem that prompts me while the new firmware is trying to install. It says “Upgrade package signature does not match, cannot install this upgrade package.” After downloading the 28MB file, the update doesn’t push through due the mentioned error.
To resolve, I did free up space on both internal and external storage of the device. Did a reboot then download the update again, luckily it installs the new build firmware.