Base on my last Spotify update, I’m now able to hide the app from my Windows 7, 8, 10 taskbar. This little must have feature is very useful for me as I’m running the app on our office so it’s better to hide it from my taskbar while I’m playing cool music from my favourite artist. Using this option helps you hide from your boss and you colleague sniper eyes lol. Here’s a short and quick guide on how to do it.
How to Hide Spotify on Taskbar using Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Open the Spotify on your Windows computer, go to Edit tab
- Click on Preferences
- Look for Startup and Window Behaviour, you’ll see two sub options.
- Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer (Select “Minimize”)
- Close button should minimize the Spotify Window to the tray (turn it On by swiping or clicking towards left)
That’s it, once “Close button should minimize the Spotify Window to the tray” option is enabled whenever you close the Spotify app on your Windows 7, 8, 10 PC it will automatically goes to icon tray. I think by default this option is disabled so you must need to do the above steps if you want to hide the app icon in taskbar.
How to Show Spotify on Taksbar
By simply going to system icon tray, or clicking the arrow up right beside your computer time and clock.
- Locate Spotify icon then right click.
- Click on Show Spotify.
That’s it, enjoy browsing on thousands playlist and listen to your favourite Radio featured artists.